How to Replace a Type K35 Keyboard Key

Replace a Type K35 Keyboard Key

Replace a Type K35 Keyboard Key

In this video guide, you’ll learn how to replace a type K35 keyboard key. This hinge can be found on the Sony Vaio VGN-AW, the Sony Vaio VGN-FW, and the Sony Vaio VGN-NW, as well as other models.

If you’ve purchased a key kit from us, you’ll start with a key, a rubber spring, and a hinge. Start out by opening up your hinge and hooking that wide slot on the hinge over the metal bar on the keyboard. Then take some pliers, or some other tool, and push down on the upper two corners until they snap on. Put the rubber spring in the middle, and then put the key on top. Push down until it snaps on, and then you’re done!

The colors in the video may differ for your model, or the hinge may be rotated from what you see in this video. That’s fine, what matters most is the shape of the hinge piece.

One Comments to “How to Replace a Type K35 Keyboard Key”

  1. Mac support says:

    All keycaps on the keyboards have hinges underneath which can also be called retainer clips. Hinges are two or more plastic pieces that go underneath the key cap. If you need help regarding Mac then, you can use Mac Support Service.

Leave a Reply